PFL Playoffs: Rory MacDonald denied finals spot after first round KO via Dilano Taylor | VIDEO
The Professional Fighters League hosted its second of three playoff events for heavyweights and welterweights.
In the main event was MMA legend Rory MacDonald hoping to get to the finals after his failed first attempt in the 2021 season. On the other side of the cage from him was the next generation in Dilano Taylor.
Immediately off the bat, Taylor looked great getting MacDonald to the mats and dominating him on the ground but the Red King was able to work back to his feet, hoping to change the tides of the fight thus far. But that proved to be just as bad because Taylor landed a massive strike to the chin of MacDonald to drop MacDonald and secure his ticket to the finals in just one round.
— PFL (@PFLMMA) August 13, 2022
- Dilano Taylor vs. Sadibou Sywill face off for the welterweight finals
- Ante Delija vs. Matheus Scheffel will face off for the heavyweight finals
PFL Playoffs Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT)
- Dilano Taylor defeated Rory MacDonald via TKO – Round 1 – 3:59 to advance to the PFL welterweight finals
- Ante Delija defeated Renan Ferreira via TKO, Round 1 – 4:31 to advance to the PFL heavyweight finals
- Matheus Scheffel defeated Juan Adams via TKO, Round 3 – 3:45 to advance to the PFL heavyweight finals
- Sadibou Sy def. Carlos Leal by unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Nathan Kelly def. Ben Ellis via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:45 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 12 p.m. ET)
- Josh O’Connor def. Emran Sakhizada via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:56 of Round 3
- Marcin Wojcik def. Mick Stanton via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:04 of Round 1
- Chris Mixan def. Christian Stigenberg by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Szymon Bajor def. Ronny Markes by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-27)
PFL Playoffs Postlim Card (ESPN+, 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT)
- Lee Chadwick def. Przemyslaw Mysiala via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Will Fleury def. Anthony Salamone via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-25)
- Radu Maxim def. Vojto Barborik via submission (injury) – Round 1:15
- Moktar Benkaci vs. Francesco Nuzzi declared no contest (accidental eye poke by Benkaci) – Round 2, 4:10